Monday, January 27, 2014

How To Style: Print Shirt and Faux Leather Jacket

Hello Everyone,
Today I have a How To Style for you. I was going through my closet and I picked two pieces to show you. One is a printed top and the other is a faux leather jacket. I know sometimes these items can be intimidating to try and pair things with them. (Everything I'm wearing in these photos I purchased at Nordstrom)


I started out really simple. Pairing the shirt with white jeans and the faux leather jacket. I put the necklace with it to draw more attention to the shirt and the neckline.  


 Next, I paired the shirt with a printed pant. I know this can be very intimidating. I have a hard time with this too. Notice how the pants have a more spread out print verses the busier looking shirt. The rules to wearing print on print is make sure one print is neutral based and has a nice spread out pattern. This will make it easier to pair it with another print. I also put a bright peachy pink scarf with this to bring out the colors in the shirt in which I think it does nicely. This outfit would be good for school, a concert really anywhere.


Next I paired the shirt with a aqua pair of pants and the same faux jacket. These pants have a zipper on the side by my calf. I rolled up the sleeves of the jacket to make it a bit different. I used this photo mainly to show this shirt can go with something other than just neutral colors. This would be good for a nice spring evening out.
 


I paired the shirt with a high waisted black skirt and some red pumps. I prefer the shirt tucked into the skirt rather than hanging out but each to his own. I really like the pop of color the red shoes give with this outfit. I think they fit nicely, but you can always do a nude shoes or even some bedazzled shoes. This outfit would be good for a formal dinner date or even a business dinner. You could easily pair a sweater, the faux leather jacket, or even a blazer with this outfit. Dress it up or down. You could also pair flats with this to make it good for school.  

That's all I have for this Monday. Later I'll be posting a Grammy's themed Media Monday. Come back later for that! I'll see you on Wednesday for Beauty Products to Keep in Your Locker. Have a good Monday! 
~Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment