Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How to Get Organized

Hello Everyone,
It's a new year, which means if you're like me, you want to begin the new year organized, a clean start. The other day I cleaned out and moved my desk, put my calendar up and started fresh. I have a few steps to help you get organized and stay that way.

1) Get a Planner. Whether it's just a to-do list on paper or a planner that you go out and buy from Staples. I personally use my planners a lot. I use a to-do list for school. My monthly planner for my blog and my calendar on my wall for both.

2) Have a Workspace to YOURSELF. This is key, if you have a space that is your own to go and work at then you probably will be more productive. Whether it's your kitchen table, a desk in your room, your bed.

3)A Place to Keep Everything You Need. This can be a folder if you deal with only papers, a laptop for all electronic needs, a bag, a drawer, etc. Keep everything you need in one area. If you're in school, then you know how important this is. If you have multiple items to keep track of ( like courses in school, or papers and a laptop) have multiple ways to keep track of them.

4) Decorate Your Space. If your workspace doesn't reflect and compliment your personality then you aren't going to want to use your workspace. Go to Pier 1, Staples, Joann's and get creative. Make your workspace reflect you. ( Unless you don't live with your parents please don't go doing this without asking, especially if your workspace is the kitchen table)

5) Organizational Tools. If you think bins would help you stay organized, then go get bins. If you want to paint mason jars and use them as a pencil container, then do so. I always want to change up how I organize my things which usually means I want different types of organizational systems each time.

That's all the tips I have for you today. Have a good Wednesday. I'll see you on Friday for the Best Friend Tag!
~Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment