Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Media Monday #21


Hello Everyone,
It's once again a monday of the year 2014, which many of you know means a Media Monday! Today I have one movie, a few youtubers, and several apps to review for your reading pleasure.

Let's start with the movie.
This past weekend I saw the Monuments Men. It was very good. The all-star cast did a fantastic job and it was really intriguing. The locations where they shot the movie were breathtaking. The castle that the characters stop at in the movie is the castle that Walt Disney based Cinderella's castle on in the movie Cinderella and in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World.
There are several reasons why this movie was intriguing to me. The first and biggest of them was the premise. Something about a movie based on a true story with Matt Damon in it was really compelling. The second reason was that it was the kind of movie that made me want to do research. If I am actually moved to my computer to google about art lost in WWII by a movie, it was probably really good. It made me wonder how much culture was lost in the war through various means. George Clooney's character had a very thought-provoking line about how the Nazis didn't just want to kill the people they disliked, they wanted to make it seem like they had never existed. I thought about that line for a good long while. This was a new way to think about a lot of the things I'd learned about WWII in school.

On to Youtubers...
First up is a fifteen-year-old girl named Katie Joslin. I found her videos after she sent me a message on youtube asking me to check out her videos. I really liked what I watched. Katie does fashion and beauty mostly, and occasional personal videos.

Next up is Bunny Meyer from Texas. She had a youtube ad on a video I was watching and I decided to check her video out. Bunny also is mostly a beauty youtuber. What I liked about her videos was that she isn't the stereotypical beauty guru. She makes her videos funny and she doesn't do haul videos or anything. 

Apps...

Solitaire. I've been playing Solitaire (made by MobilityWare) for about a month. It's really my go-to entertainment when I have to wait for something nowadays. I play it before bed a lot. You don't need wifi to play this so that is a plus. 




Virtual Families 2 is the next app. It's like a knockoff Sims. I really like that I can own my own little family. I play this almost every day. It's just a little game to pass the time away. I also really enjoy it 
because it's one of the few game apps along with Solitaire  that require no wifi to play. 





Tumblr is the third app that I've been enjoying. I usually don't use tumblr that much, but this app has made me want to go on tumblr more often. It's much easier to reblog something by just holding down the button verses clicking 2 or 3 different buttons and going through like 10 different steps to reblog something. You obviously need wifi to run this app because Tumblr is on the Internet. 




An app called The Hunt is the fourth. If you watch MakeupbyMandy24 on YouTube you may have already heard of this app. What this app does is...if you find an outfit that you don't know where where the shirt or another item of clothing came from. You can take a picture of it and post it to this app and the community will help you find out where you can get it. This has come in handy since I've been on Tumblr more often. 



The final app is the Urban Outfitters app. I've recently loved looking at the clothes and apartment goodies they sell. This is app is set up very nice. It has a radio, news, you can find a store and shop all through this app.  



That's it for today! Have a good rest of your monday! See you on Wednesday for a Winter Formal 2014 post. 

~Britt 









No comments:

Post a Comment