Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How To Style: Printed Tinley Road Shorts

Hello Everyone,
Today I have another How To Style for you. I got these shorts about a seven months ago and I love them. Even though it just snowed like 5 inches today I thought this might give you some ideas if you 1) live somewhere where it's currently warm. 2) Give you hope that summer or spring will eventually WILL come.

Top-Nordstrom Shorts-Piperlime 

Shoes- Nordstrom Socks-Nordstrom

Bag- Von Maur (The Saks brand)
In the outfit above. I chose to a pair a off the shoulder fringe shirt. I thought this was so cute. Then I paired the outfit with my Dr.Martens to give it a edgier feel. I thought the bag and and the shirt gave it a nice boho feel. I thought the boots where a nice contrast.
Sweater/Jumper-Talbots (years ago)
 In this outfit I got some inspiration from Tumblr. I saw a picture of a girl with a sweater and shorts and I had been pondering and pondering how to recreate this look. Then I remeber the winter sweater my mom gave me (it used to be hers.) I thought it was perfect. I pulled out these shorts and the sweater, I loved how it looked. I feel like pattern in the shorts really compliment the picture in the sweater.
Shoes- Nordstrom Jacket- Nordstrom Shirt-Nordstrom
In this outfit I took a shirt Barbara didn't want an more and I jacket I recently got and put them together.  I thought this looked really sharp and its a good look for school in May. 

 
Shirt- Express(years ago) 
 In these photos I used a shirt my oldest sister gave to me from express. She has had this for years. I think the maroon color of this shirt is a nice accent color to the black and white shorts. I paired it also with that two toned black and white baseball jacket.

 
Shirt-Nordstrom
I put this shirt with this shorts. Just to show how this would look with a similar color shirt. It's not the best look but it works. The jacket is makes it work a bit better. I would suggest if you're going to wear a shirt that is gray with this wear some color or something like this jacket that is two toned. 

I hope you enjoyed this How To Style post. I really enjoyed putting this post together. I'll see you on Friday for my first ever January Favorites video! I'm super excited about it and I think you'll enjoy it. 
~Britt






No comments:

Post a Comment