Monday, October 28, 2013

Music Monday #12

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are getting pumped for Halloween. I know I am. There's a Halloween dance at my school on Saturday and my friends and I are going as The Avengers. Today is Monday which means music is coming your way. I have 2 albums and 2 songs in the line up today.
Let's start off with an album. In my last video I gave you a guess to this artist's name. I said they had been in a music monday before, but concert edition. If you guessed New Kids On The Block then you were right. New Kids released an album earlier this year called 10. It appears to be trying to attract an young crowd with their techno music backing up their vocals and their really almost cheesy love ballads.None the less, I still really enjoy this album. Take a listen for yourself you might actually enjoy them.
           (I couldn't find a video with their full album on it so either go listen to the tracks on YouTube or go to iTunes to hear a preview of the track. Sorry for any inconvenience)

On Friday two artists released their new singles. Little Mix is one of the two artists. They came out with a single called Move. It has a different sound than what their DNA album sounded like but I think it sounds really cool. It took me awhile to get used to the sound because it is so different from what I'm used to hearing with them. I love their voices and their sound. I will admit I have a major girl crush on these lovely ladies from across the pond.  Go check out their new song. It's absolutely amazing.
     
We all know Miley Cyrus whether from her Hannah Montana days or her recent twerking days. But just a few weeks ago she released her most recent album called Bangerz. I looked it up online and my friend Patrick showed me some of the songs and I really actually like her most recent album. I know not many people will find themselves looking up her new album because Miley hasn't had the best reputation recently but take the time to look at the album as if Miley Cyrus was not the artist.

 

Lastly, and almost my favorite is One Direction's new song called Story of My Life. This single was released on Friday (surprising without any part of the fandom leaking it). It's too cute. I am always looking forward to the songs these boys put out mainly because it's always interesting to see how the songs mature as they mature. The soft ballad like beginning draws your ear to see how it's going to progress. Harry is the first one to sing and Niall has two solos. (yes TWO, I know right? he almost never gets a solo let alone two). As the chorus comes closer the song picks up the pace a bit. It's a great song musical and vocally.
I have a quick rant about this song. Yesterday, I was at my friend's house working on a project called DI (Destination Imagination) I started to play this song for one of my friends to see what he thought about it and my two other guys friends make so much noise protesting listening to anything One Direction because they automatically put any of the songs One Direction does into the "It's One Direction singing so it has to be bad" category and that pisses me off. You can like a song by an artist and not like the artist. You can also like the artist and not like a song by them. If people would just give the song a chance and not judge it by whose singing it, you might come to find you might ACTUALLY LIKE THE SONG (shocking I know right). If I can't not like the music you listen you shouldn't be able to not like the music I listen to. Got it? good. 
                               

That's it for this Monday! I'll see you all on Friday for another Feel Good Friday! Hope you enjoy the music whether you like the artist or not. 
~Britt

Wanna know things first? Follow me on twitter: @brittjanie1

Other Links:
Vine: Brittney Sutherin
Instagram: brittney_sutherin15
Tumblr: www.pippipadoodleydoo.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment