Monday, October 7, 2013

Music Monday #10

Hello Everyone,
Today I feel extra happy. I sure hope you all do too. I have some pretty awesome songs on the line up for you.
First is Beneath Your Beautiful by Labyrinth and Emeli Sande. I love this song. I think it's so cute and I really hope they play this at homecoming this year. There's not much music backing it up which I believe is the point. They wanted you to focus more on the lyrics and the meaning behind them rather than a sick music track.
   

Second is a song I original did not like. Let Her Go by Passenger. I didn't really like the vocals and the music was okay but not fabulous. Now I love it and it has a great message behind it.


Everyone knows Miley Cyrus's song We Can't Stop and has already made their opinions on it. What if I told you someone made a version of this song that will have you changing your (possibly) negative opinion of it into a positive one? Don't believe me? Well this guy on YouTube ScottBradleeLovesYou has a group on his channel that turns modern dance pop and hip-hop songs into songs from the 20's, 30's 40's 50's and so on. They did a cover of We Can't Stop and it is fabulous. I love it more than the original. The vocals are great, the music matches it well and it's just all around well done. I can't get this version out of my head!


These next two songs I give credit to my friends Julz and Zoe for making me love. We had a poetry assignment to  analyze poetic prosody in songs and the songs that these lovely ladies choose are just amazing.

Julz chose to do the song called Bullet by Hollywood Undead. I fell in love with how much of an oxymoron this song is. It's about someone wanting to commit suicide and yet the music completely contradicts the sad concept. The music is upbeat and happy.

 

Zoe chose a song called Me and The Moon by Something Corporate. I really enjoy the music that accompanies this song.  The Lyrics are very controversial and very graphic. The lyrics together with the music are very complimentary of each other.



That's all the wonderful music I have for you all today. I hope you enjoy listening to these throughout the week. 
See you later this week. 
~Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment