Monday, August 26, 2013

Music Monday #7

Hello Everyone,
I've been listening to a song recently that deserves its own Music Monday. This song won 2 VMAs last night and the artists did an amazing performance of this song: Same Love by Macklemore. This song is such a sobering song. It really makes you take a step back and think for a second. I was pleasantly surprised how well the "rap" went with the music and the female voice. What makes this even more interesting is the rap is slow almost speaking instead of rapping and the rap has the most important lyrics in the entire song. I was so moved by this song that when I heard it for the first time I cried. This song effects so many on a personal level. I hope this song has impacted and influenced people enough to make the steps towards accepting gays and their right to marry. It truly is all the Same Love. We can only change ourselves and then the group will follow. Check out this amazing song if you haven't heard it already.

Listen, Reflect, Change
~Britt

Wanna know things first? Follow me on Twitter: @brittjanie1 (I'm giving shout out to all of my followers who follow me)
Instagram: brittneysutherin_15
Vine: Brittney Sutherin
Tumblr: www.pippipadoodleydoo.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment