Friday, June 20, 2014

Lesson: Trying

Hello Everyone,
Today a four year old taught me a lesson. A lesson that I forget most days: Trying. My four year old niece, Lily, and I were coloring and Lily asked me to make paper airplanes and was telling me all about how her friends in school and her learned how to make paper airplanes. I told her I couldn't make paper airplanes and that I'd never learned. Truth was I learned but was never any good at it. Lily said one simple word: Try. I said okay and she handed me a piece of paper. I started to make airplane as best as I could. I wasn't any good at it but Lily loved it. She said I was the best paper airplane maker she ever saw and loved it when I threw the planes that only went about a 5 feet away from me. It was then that I remembered that young children don't care how crappy you are at the things they want you to do, they just care that you did it. Lily taught me a lesson today. Trying is something I forget to do often when I'm not passionate about the topic. I didn't really want to make paper airplanes but I tried because when a small person asks you to do something you do it.
Go ahead and try something today,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment